CHANTELLE KING DESIGN TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions.
- ‘Chantelle King Design’ is Chantelle King trading as Chantelle King Design.
- ‘The Client’ is the party making a booking for design related services from Chantelle King Design.
- ‘An Order’ is the request for services from Chantelle King Design.
- ‘The project’ is a term used to describe service from Chantelle King Design.
The terms and conditions apply to all dealings between The Client and Chantelle King Design. By placing an order with Chantelle King Design, you as a Client are forming a legally binding contract for services and you agree to the following terms & conditions.
- All quotes are valid for 7 days only.
- All prices are excluding GST unless otherwise stated.
- All prices are in Australian Dollars.
- Any additional work outside the terms of the quote will be charged at an hourly rate of $80 per/hour.
- Chantelle King Design is not responsible for increases in materials by third-party services (eg printers, packaging suppliers, web developers) where the increases are beyond our control.
- For projects valued over $500, a $200 booking deposit is required before starting any design project. Then 50% before or on the start date and 50% 4 weeks later or before final files are released, whichever event comes sooner. Payment plans available and will be agreed upon prior to booking deposit being made.
- For projects valued under $500, full payment is required prior to project starting.
- Payments are to be made by bank deposit transfer or via direct-debit if a payment plan has been agreed to.
- All monies received are considered fully earned & non-refundable for change of mind. Unless agreed in writing, balance is due within 7 days.
- Accounts which are not paid on time will incur a late administration fee of $20 +GST.
- Accounts which remain outstanding for 14 days after the date of invoice will incur an additional payment fee equivalent to 10% of the project cost for each week payment is outstanding.
- Final artwork files will not be handed over until the invoice has been paid in full.
- All printing invoices must be paid prior to sending the artwork to print.
- All work not completed within a 2 month period will be invoiced regardless.
- Payment is required for any artwork or drafts, that have been terminated on your request at any stage of development, prior to completion. Invoice will be issued as ‘work to date’.
- If debt collection is required for unpaid invoices, all fees, solicitor charges, commissions & associated costs are the responsibility of the client. All materials, labour & workmanship remain the sole property of Chantelle King Design until invoice is paid in full. We reserve the right to pursue legal debt collection on invoices unpaid after 14 days & to suspend your website/s or account/s if you fail to meet any of these conditions.
- The Client may cancel this Agreement for any reason by providing a minimum of 10 days written notice to Chantelle King Design. For ‘change of mind’ any monies paid prior cancellation will be non-refundable.
- Chantelle King Design may cancel this Agreement at any time for any reason by providing written notice to The Client. In the event that Chantelle King Design cancels this Agreement, Chantelle King Design will provide any artwork completed and paid for to date.
- Chantelle King Design cannot guarantee the outcome of design services or recommendations and the client’s comments about the outcome are expressions of opinion only.
- The Client acknowledges that Chantelle King Design cannot guarantee any results for design or recommendations as outcomes are based on subjective factors that cannot be controlled by Chantelle King Design.
- Chantelle King Design cannot be held responsible for any outcomes resulting from the implementation of recommendations provided in the Brand Assessment or Review Sessions as results are subjective and cannot be controlled by Chantelle King Design.
- The majority of our communication is made via Asana once the project has started, this helps us keep track of specific design requirements & any changes required.
- If you would like to chat with us on the phone or via Skype we are happy to do so, however we ask that you please email us and make an appointment for a time to chat.
BOOKING SUPPORT HOURS (included in packaged services).
- The Client acknowledges that the ‘Support Hours’ included in design packages must be booked via the link provided for Acuity scheduling program.
- The Client acknowledges the times available for design support are subject to availability and are available for 3 months from the time of booking.
- The Client assumes full copyright and reproduction rights upon full payment of a completed project.
- Chantelle King Design retains personal rights to use completed projects and concept artwork for the purpose of marketing Chantelle King Design.
- All images displayed on the Chantelle King Design website or Facebook page are subject to copyright, and must not be copied or used without full permission from Chantelle King Design and the Client. Any breach of copyright will result in legal action being taken as necessary.
- Chantelle King Design and the Client both acknowledge that during business dealings they may receive certain confidential information and materials of the other party. Each party, including its agents and employees, agrees to hold and maintain in strict confidence all confidential information and shall not disclose confidential Information to any third party or use any confidential Information except as may be necessary to perform its obligations under the Quotation, and as may be required by a court or governmental authority. Confidential Information does not include any information that is in the public domain or becomes publicly known through no fault of the receiving party or is otherwise properly received from a third party without an obligation of confidentiality.
- The Client allows Chantelle King Design to display any projects on the Chantelle King Design website, Facebook page, and/or portfolio for self promotion purposes.
- The Client agrees to allow Chantelle King Design to credit design work on all websites designed by Chantelle King Design.
- Chantelle King Design will make every effort to meet deadlines.
- All quoted turnaround times are approximate. Chantelle King Design will not be held responsible or liable for any costs resulting from late artwork or printing deliveries.
- Approval is required for all projects via Asana (or email if agreed prior to work commencing) prior to work being released.
- Whilst all care is taken by Chantelle King Design, Chantelle King Design is not responsible for any spelling, grammatical, numerical errors or omissions after final approval. Even if these errors are from Chantelle King Design, it is the Client’s responsibility to proof read and check thoroughly their projects to identify any errors prior to approval.
- Some designs may contain stock images that are available for purchase.
- Any images supplied by the Client must be provided in high resolution and preferably in CMYK. Chantelle King Design is not responsible for colour variations in conversion from RGB to process CMYK.
- Chantelle King Design is not responsible for the reproduction quality of supplied images.
- Chantelle King Design does not release or supply any working files used in the creation of a project (such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and so on). High-resolution PDF’s of a completed project can be supplied upon final payment, at the client’s request. Upon project completion, Chantelle King Design securely backs up and stores all associated files. Should the Client request the supply of any files more than 30 days after project completion, a small retrieval fee may be incurred. Artwork and files required to be burnt to disc or USB storage incur a fee of $25 per disc/storage device, to cover time and consumables.
COLOUR MATCHING & PRINTING.
- Whilst all care is taken, Chantelle King Design does not take responsibility for Client supplied artwork that does not print properly.
- Please note that colour on projects can vary from screen to final product. Screen proofing is not indicative of final printed piece. Printed colours can vary from printer to printer, job to job, run to run, or even front to back, due to the nature of the CMYK printing process.
- Trimming can vary from printer to printer.
Last Updated: September 2019